Taranga News

Breaking News for Nation and World


PUBG Creator Krafton Unveils ‘Overdue’ NFT Game With AI Creation Tools – Decrypt

South Korean game studio Krafton, maker of the popular battle royale shooter PUBG, announced on Thursday that its upcoming NFT-powered metaverse game project will be called Overdue — and offered a first look at the creation-focused platform.

Formerly known as Project Migaloo, Overdue will soft-launch in December and reach full release between January and July 2024, Crafton said in a statement. The company has created its own blockchain, Setlus, for the game.

Overdue appears to be a Roblox-like mobile game platform built with Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 5 that empowers creators to use generative artificial intelligence to help gamers craft their own shooter games, role-playing games (RPGs), and action RPGs. Will provide (AI) tools. , to name a few. The social game platform will also let users create custom avatars and chat with each other.

The first official teaser trailer above suggests an open-world platform that allows users to create games and environments using AI tools, play a wide range of user-generated games, attend virtual concerts, customize their avatars, and more. Allows you to do much more.

Earlier this year, Crafton announced the project as a joint venture between the studio and augmented reality (AR) tech firm Never Z. Krafton still holds an 85% stake in the project, while Naver Z holds the remaining 15%.

Overdue plans to offer players a “create-to-earn” game economy, where gamers can buy and sell in-game digital assets in the form of NFTs. According to a statement, the game will use NFTs as such crypto tokens will offer “transparency and secure transactions.”

Krafton and Never Z are using the recently revealed Settle blockchain for Overdue’s economy, which will allow gamers to earn funds in Coinbase and Circle’s US dollar-backed stablecoin, USDC. Settle will use Cosmos to facilitate USDC payments, as was first announced during the Korea Blockchain Week event last week.

Settles Twitter account It is listed as a blockchain built by Krafton and has been called “the future of the maker economy.”

In a Medium blog post, Krafton’s Settles wrote that it plans to launch an “NFT licensing system,” but did not specify what exactly it would involve. It also said it is currently working to address potential issues with Overday’s planned NFT economy, such as potentially offering optional NFTs instead of mandatory NFTs, addressing item scarcity or the lack thereof, and addressing problems with volatile token prices that can lead to a “negative experience for gamers and creators”.

It is currently unclear whether Settles will also launch its own token at a later date. Representatives for Krafton did not immediately respond. decryptRequest for comment on Settle’s status and whether it will issue a new token or use USDC exclusively.

Stable coins like USDC are often chosen by crypto firms and traders because their value is much less volatile than cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Instead, stablecoins are intended to remain pegged to the US dollar.

Source: decrypt.co

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *