When a gun breaks in Destiny 2, it glitches the game for a while, then it is disabled. But what if it were ten guns? What if there are fifty guns? What if it gets to 100? The situation Bungie is in now with Destiny 2 is unlike anything we’ve ever seen in a game, with the most broken, but also the most hilarious bug in the series to date, and that’s no exaggeration. Not there.
The bug is related to crafting, where a glitch allows players to craft an existing slate of weapons… merged with loads of other crafted weapons. This means you can put exotic perks on legendary weapons (IKELOS with Osteo Striga rounds) or you can combine two legendary weapons together (the Ammit Auto Rifle with an aggressive shotgun frame that fires ten thousand rounds a minute. Spews out).
At first, players were concerned about the sanctity of Trials of Osiris, but it quickly became clear that it was going to do much more than give players a one-shot bow in competitive 3v3 mode. it has turned around Complete game With an absolutely amazing combination of features and capabilities. The crucible is in brilliant flames. Endgame activities are being single-handedly destroyed by machine gun grenade launchers and bosses being 4-shot by mutant fusion rifles.
So, you want to party? let’s Party. You can make the glitch happen yourself since Bungie hasn’t disabled it. It’s not clear that they actually even Know What to do right now, but they’re letting everyone go crazy right now. Here’s how you do it, and it’s much easier on PC than console right now, although it’s possible on both. On PC:
- Go into video settings and cap the frames at 30 fps.
- Go into reshaping weapons, where you’ll need both a “blank” weapon to inscribe benefits to and weapons you’ve already leveled up.
- The trick is to click on a weapon that you want to draw perks or frames from, then spam click on the second weapon before moving to the first weapon on the screen. Sometimes this can be done simultaneously, like this double edged sword:
- Other times you’ll have to hold your cursor and spam click on another weapon after switching pages, like this Dead Messenger Eremite combo:
- Here is probably the most effective wild combo in the game, Chill Clip, Explosive Payload, Aggressive Shotgun Frame Immortal AR2, which takes out everything in PvP and PvE. This “fast click” glitch requires layering three different weapons, thus limiting all of these combos, but it still opens up a large number of options.
The process is similar on console, it’s just a little harder to do. Players are doing things like starting massive downloads to slow down their consoles or opening multiple games to prevent RAM usage on their PC so that the timing window opens up even more. However, Internet biting may qualify as Bungie’s definition of “network manipulation” and may enter restriction territory. Although I think they have enough to keep track of at this point.
So, should you do this? Is it risky? What are the downsides?
- Bungie states that while players who create this glitch will not be banned, they do not ban players for exploits or glitches made on their own behalf (except for the use of network manipulation tools or external scripting to enhance it. ).
- Bungie says that these features will eventually be wiped out with these weapons.
- He later also said that if things get “too extreme” (I’m not sure how they can get any more extreme) they may take “drastic measures.”
- There is a constant threat of rollback here, so any loot or achievements you acquire may not be permanent amid this current chaos. The glitch, which was reportedly live at the time of the reset this week, was only made fully public yesterday. So rollbacks may happen throughout this week, if any. Just know that playing right now is risky in terms of any progress you make. Although not in terms of the risk of sanctions.
So yes, have fun, it’s stupid hilarious. But these weapons aren’t long for this world, and the stuff you get with them might not be, either. Wild times. I absolutely love it.
Follow me on Twitter, threads, youtube, And Instagram,
pick up my science fiction novels herokiller series And Born on Earth Trilogy,